To start the day, I have my highly anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral morning potion, make sure that it's not hot because anything above 37 degrees or body temperature will not enable the lemon juice to detox and flush your organs properly,
One word of caution: Make sure that you rinse your mouth with filtered water immediately after drinking the lemon juice to protect your enamel.
Here's the recipe for the Zinger Stinger:
· 1 lemon
· 1 inch of chopped fresh tumeric
· 2 handfuls or 60 g of chopped ginger
· A pinch of ground blackpepper to activate the tumeric
· 4 sprigs of thyme
· 1 sprig of rosemary
· A pinch of sage
· A pinch of oregano
· 25 ml Aloe vera juice
· 2 tbsp Inulin
· 2 cups of ginger, tumeric and blackpepper tea @ room temperature
· 1 tsp raw unpasturised honey
· Pre-boil a handful of chopped ginger and turmeric with blackpepper, thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano for 20 mins and let it cool down to room temperature or add cold water to the hot tea if you don’t have time
· You can reboil the ingredients once more for a second batch
· Pre-soak the lemon in baking soda and filtered water for half an hour to remove pesticides from the skin then rinse with filtered water
· Cut the lemon into 2 halves
· Juice the lemon
· Chop the skin of ½ of the lemon into small pieces
· Add a dash aloe vera juice
· Add 2 tbsp of inulin
· Add the cold ginger and turmeric tea with blackpepper
· Stir in the honey with a ceramic spoon
· Lemons detox, hydrate, mineralise and alkalinise. The lemon skin is richer in vitamin C than the juice, it’s also a great source of calcium that prevents osteoporosis.
· Like lemons, aloe vera juice is also excellent for rehydration, and it’s rich in minerals and phytonutrients. It enables your liver and kidneys that are responsible for detox will function optimally. Aloe vera is ideal for your digestive system and reduces heart burn and Irritable Bowel Syndromes (IBS).
· Inulin is a water-soluble fibre or a prebiotic that your gut bacteria need in order to thrive. Inulin is made out of chicory roots, and also a good sugar replacement for baking. Fibre is an excellent barrier for the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
· Raw honey is the perfect source of glycogen for the liver and it doesn't spike your blood sugar level. It enhances our immune system as well with its live enzymes - so make sure that it's RAW. Honey makes lemons more bioavailable.
· Thyme, rosemary, oregano and sage are antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiviral and they work synergistically together.